How MW Tim Atkin rates our wine…
Five Black Oystercatcher wines have been awarded Medals of Excellence by British Master of Wine, Tim Atkin.
And our Secrets of Sauvignon blanc wines feature among the five.
(These are 3 wines we crafted from our 3 very different soil types – all in an attempt to better understand where the complexity of our Sauvignon blanc originates.)
So here are the scores:
- Black Oystercatcher Broken Shale Sauvignon Blanc (2017): 93
- Black Oystercatcher Iron Ferricrete Sauvignon Blanc (2017) 93
- Black Oystercatcher Quartzite Sauvignon Blanc (2017): 91
- Black Oystercatcher Sauvignon Blanc (2017): 90
- Black Oystercatcher White Pearl (2016): 93
Tim stopped by at the Black Oystercatcher in June this year – and tasted our wines (along with other Elim Wine Route wines).
In general, Tim (who is also a well-known wine journalist) is impressed by the quality of South African wines he tasted this year.
While the 2015 vintage rates among one of the best, he reckons the 2017 vintage for some of the white wines are in some instances every bit as good.
Dirk’s recipe and tips to make a delicious fresh fish this Easter.
Like so many in the tourism and hospitality sector, these have been 3 uncertain months for us.
Did you know that your choice of wine tells us a little something about your personality?
Black Oystercatcher on Instagram