Mom: This one’s for you
This is the one day in the year that Moms really should take a moment for themselves – it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, 13 May.
So that’s why we’ll be looking after you this day – with a special Mom’s Menu from the Black Oystercatcher Kitchen.
Here’s what you can expect:
For Starters (R40):
- A Tomato & Basil Soup served with crispy bread;
- Smoked Trout Salad, capers, avocado, garden greens, rye bread croutons & a fennel and horseradish dressing;
- Or Tempura Calamari ring with Shoestring fries.
Our Main Menu (R200):
- Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Thyme;
- Slow Roasted Moroccan Lamb with seasonal veggies, served on couscous;
- Baked Sweet Potato and Butternut with Honey & Sage;
- Beetroot & Feta Salad.
And to finish off (yes – you’ve earned it) (R50):
- Malva Pudding with vanilla custard;
- Or how about Chocolate Fondant with vanilla ice cream.
But just a tip to the rest of the family: there are limited seats available, so remember to book early: 028 482 1618.
Like so many in the tourism and hospitality sector, these have been 3 uncertain months for us.
When famous Swedish chef Anders Levén shares his tried and tested recipes with us
There’s something so cheerful and festive about mezze-style spreads. You share, dish and chat intimately around
The restaurant is situated on a wine farm in the Elim wine ward.
The setting of the venue is ideal, looking out over the wetlands that form part of the conserved Nuwejaars Wetlands Special Management Area, and across to the rare fynbos on the Soetmuisberg mountains. The view is complete with our infinity pool in front of the dining area. The restaurant is close to the quaint missionary town of Elim and the small town of Bredasdorp at South Africa’s southern-most tip.
Black Oystercatcher on Instagram